Once I was dead because of my disobedience and my many sins. I used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world.... I used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of my sinful nature. By my very nature I was subject to your anger, just like everyone else.
But you are so rich in mercy, and you loved me so much, that even though I was dead because of my sins, you gave me life when you raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by your grace that I have been saved!) For you raised me from the dead along with Christ and seated me with him in the heavenly realms because I am united with Christ Jesus...
God , you saved me by your grace when I believed. And I can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from you. Salvation is not a reward for the good things I have done, so I cannot boast about it. For I am your masterpiece. You have created me anew in Christ Jesus, so I can do the good things you planned for me long ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment