Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Am Right (with God)! Romans 3:21-26

But now you, God, have shown me a way to be made right with you without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and the prophets long ago. I am made right with you by placing my faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for me because I believe.

For I have sinned; I fall short of your glorious standard. Yet with undeserved kindness, you declare that I am righteous. You did this through Christ Jesus when he freed me from the penalty for my sins. For you presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. I was made right with you when I believed that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that you were being fair when you held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, for you were looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. You did this to demonstrate your righteousness, for you are fair and just, and you declared me, a sinner, to be right in your sight when I believed in Jesus.

No comments: